FRESH BAKIN’ RECOMMENDS: MARDI SQUAW
The time has come again, only this time…it’s even better! Boasting more Bounce alumni than you could fit in a bounce house plus really talented djs, producers and performers from the regional area, this is THE place to be on Saturday, March 1st.
The second annual Mardi Squaw is something special this year as Mardi Gras weekend coincides with the kick-off of SnowFest. Since I moved here in 2000, the opening of SnowFest has seen San Francisco’s Space Cowboys rocking from their UniMog sound car all day, then taking over Lakeside in Tahoe City at night. Last year, Sunset Promotions, which just won best club promoter in the Bay area, along with Heckler Magazine, produced a really successful and vibey inaugural event. This year promises to be even better with the combination of the Cowboys and Mardi Squaw.
Events like Mardi Squaw are some of my favorites. Everyone works so much to be able to live in beautiful Tahoe, plus living so spread out, events like this really keep the community connected. There is really nothing like running into people you love but haven’t seen in months. This happens at grocery stores all the time in town…but you can only block the quinoa for so long before other customers get annoyed. Events like Mardi Squaw allows for extended connecting time and allow new friendships to blossom with the arrival of new people from other areas. No one ever laid on their death bed and said “I spent too much time with good people and music.”
Instead of listing everyone playing the event and playing out like an article(you can google it…or let me do it for you HERE>>http://bit.ly/1fNV7mh), we’ll just go through some of our highlights:
• Silent disco! Our friends at Silent Frisco will be once again be creating their unique experience with radio transmitted personal headphones. Always a good time, especially when a song with lyrics people know comes on. When it happens, take your headphones off for a second.
• Subtropixx! Gurbtron and Shane Suffriti have been making moves, and great music. Tropical bass music…we really can’t get enough of them.
• Shissla of the Space Cowboys! Not sure when he plays, but he always rocks it. Really stand-out dj…previous Bounce alumni.
• Tahoe Cielo Aerialists! We love this talented Tahoe-based crew. They performed at the Bounce in 2014. Glad to see them on here.
• J Boogie! It’s been awhile since we’ve seen a dj set with J. We LOVE dubtronic science and expect a phenomenal set.
We’ve uploaded a bunch of artists’ music to the FRESH SOUNDS at www.www.staging.freshbakin.flywheelsites.com
The pre-deck party hosted by Heckler starts at 12pm on the sundeck. Party moves inside starting at 9pm. Presale tickets are available at CoffeeBar in Truckee, at door for $25 or click the button below.
[cs_button color=”#COLOR_CODE” background=”#COLOR_CODE” src=”http://bit.ly/1fNV7mh“]BUY TICKETS[/cs_button]v